I have my 24 week Dr appt today. Adam, who is not very good at keeping up with calendars, forgot we had our appointment today. He made plans with is brother who is in town to go golf with Tommy, and my brother Joey at Rush Creek this afternoon. He felt really bad when he started talking about golf last night, and i said "you didn't remember we had our Dr's appointment did you?" He felt guilty for missing his first appointment, and considered canceling the golf outing. I reminded him that the appointments last like 10 minutes, and this one shouldn't be a big deal. I called my mom and before i asked and had only explained Adam's situation to her, she said "I'd love to go to your appointment." After i hung up with her, i realized i felt bad that i didn't invite my dad, so i called back. My mom said that when she told my dad that she was invited he was like "what about me?" So...both my parents are going to come to this appointment. Even though they are VERY uneventful, and the worst part is stepping on the scale, they will at least be able to hear the babies heartbeat in person for the 1st time.
I decided i would call the Dr, just to make sure they didn't have a problem with them coming to the appt, which they said was fine, and the nurse asked if i was going to have my gestational diabetes test first. I said that i wasn't scheduled for that test. She said "oh, well you need to have that done during this appointment." So, she scheduled me to come in about 15 minutes early and drink the infamous YUCKY drink, and then go to my appointment, and then come back to the waiting room and sit for an hour and have my blood drawn. I have heard about this drink, and have mixed feelings about it. I will update with my thoughts after the appointment. Here i thought Adam could miss this appointment because it was a quickie and nothing different from the last few, but now i have to sit and wait forever for my testing? He should have to sit through that too, not be out in the beautiful weather golfing...just kidding, better that one of us can enjoy it :)
2 comments:
I hope you let the man golf... those days are coming close to an end Adam.
-B
Cute that your parents are going with you Ana! Let me know how the drink goes...I have heard it isn't delicious but not too bad ;)
Post a Comment