Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Garage
So our garage door has been broke for about 4 months and we have had to manually open and close it. Our old garage door opener was probably 20 years old...literally! Once it broke, Adam went online to the Sears website to order the part that was broken. When the part finally arrived, which seemed like it took weeks to be delivered, Adam took down the opener, and tried to install it. Well our garage door opener was so old that the part we ordered was a very tough plastic, and the part it fit onto on our old garage door, was metal. Adam couldn't get the part off because the screws didn't come off and finally decided it was time to buy a new one. This grand idea to not procrastinate buying a new one came when we arrived home from my parents house on Sunday. Adam went to manually close the garage and i heard him yell for dear life from inside the house. "HELP ME" he screamed. I thought for sure he had lost a limb. I had to run outside and lift the garage door because his finger was pinched between the panels of the garage door. That was the last straw. Adam went out and bought a new one yesterday after work. Adam got home at about 6pm and went straight to the garage to install it. He came inside very briefly to eat Chicken and Broccoli that i had made for dinner, and back out he went into the garage. I laid down around 9:30 and drifted off to sleep, thinking Adam would stop for the evening in a bit to finish tomorrow. I woke up to some noise, and saw that Adam was about to jump in the shower. I looked at the clock and it was 12:30 am!!! HE IS CRAZY! There is no way i would stay up that late when i had to work the next day. I can only imagine he is exhausted today. I love my husband for working so hard to get the garage fixed. I bet he is even more excited because he was the one who had to open the garage manually every morning, and pull his and my car out into the driveway. That had to get old after about 4 months :) I was so nice to leave our house through the garage this morning, and open, and close the garage by pushing a button. THANKS BABY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good Hubby you got there!
Enjoying your blog. Just got on as my computer was being fixed by Jim.
Post a Comment