Thursday, July 1, 2010

Into the Groove

I feel like this week we are really getting back INTO THE GROOVE. I have attached some fun pics from the last few weeks. Asa is really ALMOST walking. We stand him up and rest his back against the couch, and sit a few feet away from him. This morning he took three steps, stopped and continued standing for a few seconds, and then took three more steps to us. It is amazing how quickly he understands the concept once he trusts himself. He is also not afraid of anything. He will climb onto the couch, and sit, and then look over the edge sometimes falling off onto the floor. He is going to be our little dare devil, out on the skateboard with dad before you know it. I suspect plenty of injuries in his future!

This picture is of Asa wearing a sweater that my mom knitted for him.

Here is me at 20 weeks with Asa, and the pic below it is me at 20 weeks today. And YES i am wearing the same nightgown :). As a reminder i am now 25 weeks, so this is a few weeks ago. I still can't believe at 27 weeks starts the 3rd trimester!!! I was actually in Walgreen's today and two woman asked me when i was having the baby, and i told them October, and both said that they assumed i was due much later then that. i must be hiding the baby pretty well i guess?


The next is a picture of Adam reading to Asa...sweet huh?

This picture is just a sweet one of Asa playing in our fountain in the back yard on the deck. On Adam's birthday he actually pulled the fountain over on top of him self...it scared me to death!

This picture is after Adam's dad's funeral of Adam's family.

Here is just our family.
This is one of the days we were at Adam's moms house last week. Almost every night we were there the whole family took a walk to the park right up the street from their house. It was Asa's first experience in rocks. He LOVED them. Although i think a lot of them ended up in his mouth.



We don't really have any extravagant 4th plans this weekend. Saturday, Adam's boss is having people over at his house on Lake Minnetonka for a BBQ and boating. I think Adam is going to bring his wake board and attempt to be 20 again. Sunday or Monday we are going to go to my mom and dads to swim in the pool. Besides that we don't have anything going on. Hopefully we will get some rest. I think i have had a touch of a cold the last week or so, so i need to get some sleep and relax.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Wow - you are lucky. Not many people look smaller the second time around! Do you know what you are having?

Ana Heeren said...

I know! Crazy huh? We don't know what we are having. We will always be suprised! :) I am guessing based on how different this pregnancy is that we are having a girl, but who knows.

Jessie said...

Yea...you just don't know until the last second. I went back and forth so many times with not knowing with my second. Maybe it is easier for me to say now, but I truly knew it was a girl the whole time from the very start of my pregnancy but I just didn't want to jinx myself. ;)