We found out at our last Dr's appt on Friday that little baby Heeren is breech. I think it has been in this position the entire pregnancy, because i always feel it kicking down my my crotch :) Dr. K did an ultrasound to prove that indeed it is sitting head up. I guess our baby just likes to be upright and not upside down. I have about 3 1/2 weeks for it to turn down, and if it doesn't do it on it's own then i will have to go in and have a version where they try to push on my stomach and turn it from the outside. I have read that this only works 35% of the time and even if it works the baby could still turn back breech again before i deliver. If this is unsuccessful, then i will have to have a cesarean. I am fine with whatever the outcome is, although i would prefer the baby flips on it's own. Dr. K told me that if it doesn't then the baby is just telling us that it is content where it is and is telling us something. My friend Angel's friend Katie just had a version about a week ago that was successful, http://thecarringtonchronicles.blogspot.com/2009/06/she-flipped.html so i am hoping if baby doesn't flip, then the version will go as smooth as hers did. Besides that the appointment with Dr. K went really well. Baby is healthy, and was really exciting to see it again on the ultrasound. I couldn't believe how much bigger it was! Dr. K moved it around and down to my pelvic area and showed me the little butt, and all i could think of was "don't show that area too long..." :) Dr. K also gave me some tips to try to help the baby turn from now until 3 1/2 weeks. She told me to spend some time relaxing and taking deep cleansing breaths. She also said i can lay at a 45 degree angle with my butt up and head down, which sometimes can trick the baby into thinking that it is positioned the wrong way and turn. I can also rub my belly with lotion in a circular motion, which may help it feel the motion of turning. Last night Adam set up the beanbag on our bed and positioned it so my butt would be up and head down (of course i mean butt up, but still laying face up). I laid there and rubbed my belly and felt quite silly for 30 minutes! When Adam came in to check on me, i told him that i read on the Internet that it might help for the dad to talk to the baby with his mouth close to my pelvis. He immediately put his mouth close to my pelvis and started YELLING, literally, "BABY, COME DOWN HERE...TURN AROUND TO MY VOICE" I laughed so hard, which was not easy to do in the position i was in. I also read that if I flip over and get on my knees and bend down to my elbows and rock that sometimes the baby will feel a different kind of gravity and could flip as well, so i tried that for about 15 minutes. I am willing to try anything to make the baby flip on its own. So back to the inverted beanbag i will go tonight :) I am getting more and more tired as the days go on, which i am not used to, being i have not been tired all of my pregnancy. It is harder to sleep and i wake a lot more often. I also notice how much harder it is to be on my feet for long periods of time, and how i will feel the effects the next day. My feet swell, and i feel a lot of pressure down in my low pelvis if i am on my feet for a long time as well. Amidst how smooth my pregnancy has been, i am not upset at all with these small inconveniences i am experiencing now. Only about 7 1/2 weeks left!
In other news, my cousin graduated from high school and her graduation party was on Saturday. It was a Hawaiian theme, and was SO much fun. Adam and my brothers were in charge of grilling, and they wore grass skirts, straw hats, leas and Chuck wore a coconut bra (figures). I will post pictures when i can, but it was a lot of fun to see so many family members and my cousins friends.
Sunday i went to my parents and swam after church for the afternoon. It was very nice to just relax and float in the pool. One of the floaties was even a little deflated and i could lay on my stomach which felt AMAZING! I don't think i mentioned before but my parents got a new puppy a few weeks ago. I am pretty sure they are going to name her Bella, but they are not 100% sure. She is another Yorkie and weighs like less then a pound. I will post pictures of her soon. She is already best friends with our dogs. She follows Caeda around everywhere. I think Caeda sometimes is a little annoyed as i am sure it feels like she has a permanent shadow, but Bella doesn't care. I brought Caeda and Chloe over to swim with me, and they played with Bella all afternoon. Adam stayed home and cut out our kitchen window and put french doors in. They look AWESOME! I love how handy my hubby is :)
We are already down to our 2 week appts so our next is Monday the 30th...pray the baby flips! He/she is one stubborn little thing, so we definitely need your prayers :)
5 comments:
Another friend of mine was preggo with a breech baby and her dr told her to lean an ironing board against the couch and lay on it upside down (which is probably the same thing youre doing with the bean bag!). I can't say it worked, b/c she didn't attempt it. She got more time off work by haveing a c-section so she just let the baby stay breech!!
Ana, I laughed out loud at Adam yelling at your pelvis! I hope the baby will flip on it's own and if not I hope you have a successful version. I'm so glad we tried it and now I'm much more comfortable! But however the Lord intends for him/her to come will be perfect and He'll take good care of you and baby. I can't wait till baby gets here!
Ha! I did those same things to get Addie to flip... but she didn't... and I LOVED my c-section, so don't worry. You'll be fine and you'll have a beautiful healthy baby in the end no matter how he/SHE comes out ;)
You and Adam are too funny! I laughed out loud at Adam yelling at your pevlis too ;) Baby B was breech at our 20 week ultrasound and like you, I am feeling lots of movement low in my tummy or mostly off to my right side. Maybe Rick will be yelling at my pelvis some day in the future ;)
Oh my gosh I laughed SO HARD when you said Adam was yelling at the baby on your pelvis. ha ha so great! I hope he/she flips for ya :) I didn't know there were so many tricks! So excited for you guys, I can't wait to meet your little one! Ana I love the pictures, so fun! Can't wait to meet Bella sometime too!
Post a Comment