Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Preparations

I CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS! This is by far my favorite time of year. Adam keeps scolding me because every time i run out to run an errand, i come home with another gift for one of the kids. My excuse is...."but it was only $5!" I think Adam is VERY ready for me to be done shopping! My family plays bingo for dollar gifts every year. In the past, we would all go to the dollar store and buy 10 - 15 different dollar gifts. Most of the time they would end up not being used, or a few people would get the same gift. This year, we decided we would all only purchase 5 things, and really put a lot of thought into them. I went out today, after doing a lot of research on some steals, and BOY DID I DO GOOD! I can't wait for people to open my gifts!

I think the nasty bug of sickness has finally started to subside in our house. Adam did get it, and so did Aria. They are both feeling much better. One of the kids will occasionally cough, but that is about all that is left. Thank goodness!! Aria is also sleeping like SUCH a trooper lately. She usually goes to bed around 9 - 10 pm and doesn't wake up until about 7:30am. She eats, and then goes back to bed until about 9:30 - 10:00 am. We are so blessed to have had two kids that are such good sleepers. Asa still sleeps from 7:30 pm, until 9 am. He takes one nap a day from 1:30 - 3:30/4pm.

I am excited to start my new years resolution of working out! I feel like i have been so lazy since Aria was born. Part of it is because when Asa goes to bed, i enjoy sitting and holding Aria. I can't do too much holding of her when Asa is awake because he wants to play. Once Asa goes to bed, i usually eat dinner and then spend then next hour with Aria again because she is awake, and then it is time for me to go to bed. I am going to work in working out starting the 1st of the year...

These pictures are from the hotel and the surprise party for my Grandma in Granite Falls.





This is the day where Asa started feeling crummy. You can just tell by looking at this picture that he doesn't feel the greatest...poor guy!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So glad you everyone is feeling better!! You're not alone in the exercise dept- my gym membership is collecting dust as we speak... it's just so hard to be motivated with it's so cold out. Merry Christmas!