Monday, December 29, 2008

We're Pregnant!

So it is official! We are going to have a baby!
We had our first Doctor's appointment on December 23rd and we were able to see the heartbeat. The Doctor tried to hear the heartbeat and couldn't so we had our first ultrasound, and there it was. So incredible!

The little bugger had a heartbeat! It was very exciting and put our minds at ease that we were really going to have a baby. They determined that i am due August 5th, so i am about 9 weeks now. I have felt really great. No morning sickness...i have not gotten nauseous...it has been pretty darn easy so far. The downsides are the exhaustion, and breast tenderness. But besides that i feel pretty blessed to have a comfortable stomach, and feel good. I have managed to conduct my workouts indoors, being that it is pretty hard to take walks/run outdoors when the ground is icy. I have found a few great shows on FitTV, and Exercise TV on Demand (Thank you Comcast) that i really enjoy, and can workout right in my living room. We have officially decided NOT to figure out the sex of the baby...and this came with much deliberation (on my end). Adam didn't want to find out from the start, and i was on the fence, but after discussing, we decided that we will just do neutral, and be surprised when the baby pops out. I think we both have a feeling it is going to be a boy. Adam has that feeling because he really would like to have a boy (for obvious reasons), but continues to say, that he can't keep saying that he wants a boy because if we have a girl he doesn't want to make her feel bad. I think it is a boy because my grandma was super sick with the two girls, but when she was pregnant with my uncle, who unfortunately died when he was a few days old, she wasn't sick at ALL! I have been told by a few friends with boys and girls that they or their wives weren't sick with their boys...I guess we will know in August! We told our families and relatives and it was so fun to do so. We decided to have all of the relatives/parents pose for a pictures at the respective times we were with them, and Adam pulled out the video camera and explained that our video camera took pictures. He then said, "Ok, on the count of three, say it with me...Ana's pregnant!" You should have seen their faces...it was great! It will be nice to have that moment captured forever, and be able to show the little bean once he/she is older.

So i could post more about Christmas, but i think the highlight was the joy of telling our families that we are having a baby. I am excited and nervous about what the next 7 months will bring, but know i have so much support from friends and family, and can't wait to meet the little bean! Here are some crhistmas pictures to leave you with...

5 comments:

Cristina said...

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! I'll be looking forward to hearing all about your pregnancy as it progresses. I've also heard, and can testify, to the theory of being sick with girls and not with boys; however, I have a friend that had about the easiest pregnancy ever with NO nausea and she just gave birth to a girl. So who knows...maybe you will have a girl!

Naomi said...

Congratulations Anna!! I hope you continue to have a great pregnancy. Can't wait to hear more about it on the blog and hope to run into you again soon!!

Joe, Angel, Silas and Veda said...

I am so stinkin excited for you two!! You're going to be amazing parents and I can't wait to meet your little bugger!! Love you!

Brandt and Steph said...

YEAH!!!!! So happy you spilled the beans! An August baby... wow! I'm thrilled you're still feeling well. Praying for the health of that baby :) Love you!

Connie said...

MY BABY GIRL IS HAVING A BABY!!! : )
So this thing about not being sick with boys.....if that is true.....why was I more sick with Charlie than with you??????? I know that whatever sex Baby Heeren is, the little one is already loved more than all the stars in the sky, grains of sand on the beaches..........
Love, Hugs & Prayers for you, Adam & Lil' H!
Mom